This video is going to be a little different from my normal hiking videos… It’s a 360 video! I’m really curious to hear what you think about it. I don’t think I’ll be making future videos using 360 video (the quality and technology isn’t quite sharp enough in my opinion and editing this footage was tough!) but I do think this technology is pretty dang cool.

About the Golden Gauntlet:

The Golden Gauntlet is a route created by Steven “Twinkle” Shattuck (<-Check out his awesome blog here) that encircles the beautiful town of Golden Colorado. It’s a 25 mile loop that summits each of the 4 mountains that embrace Golden: Mt. Galbraith, Lookout Mtn., South Table Mtn., and North Table Mtn.

Some things to know about the 360 video before you watch it:

-This video won’t work properly in the Safari internet browser (most others work just fine.)

-You can scroll around the video with your mouse by clicking and dragging.

-Try viewing it in the official youtube app on your mobile device. You can pan around by simply moving the phone/tablet! Make sure to turn the quality up as far as your internet can handle.

-Try pausing the video and panning around to take in all of the views.

-I think this can be watched in VR if you have a headset.

-I tried to keep the editing as consistent as possible, so if you just want to hike along with me, you should be able to face the camera forwards and get a POV hike of the trail.