How To 3D Print A Mountain – A guide to finding, modeling, and printing any terrain you desire

I have always been fascinated by 3D topography. Whether it be touching the scale topographic models of mountains at national parks or my first digital fly though of a mountain range onĀ Google Earth, being able to interact with the stunning features of this Earth on both a large and small scale is exciting. As soon as I began toying with the idea of procuring a 3D printer, I knew one of my first projects would be figuring out how to print out a mountain. Having finally figured out how to do so (and finding a serious lack of concise information out there on how to do so) I decided to make a quick how to video and blog post for anyone wishing to do the same. As a bonus, I’ll include the STL files I’ve printed off so far at the bottom of the post, if you’d like to simply replicate the models I’ve already printed. Continue reading “How To 3D Print A Mountain – A guide to finding, modeling, and printing any terrain you desire”