I’ve been using polycryo (sometimes known as polycro) as my primary groundsheet for quite some time now. One sheet of this material has survived most of the CDT with me and is still the ground sheet I use on trips. This material is tougher than you’d expect. It creates a strong barrier against punctures and is completely waterproof. Below, I’ll show you how to make two polycryo ground sheet for under $10.

The Video

Everything you need to know about making your own polcryo ground sheet is in this video…

The Kit

This kit available from Amazon is all you need to make the groundsheet. In fact it is the ground sheet… all you really have to do is cut it to your desired dimensions. (FOR SOME REASON THESE KITS ARE CURRENTLY ONLY $5!!!)